There are some important questions to think about when buying a piece of jewellery that can help make the purchase a huge success! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like some advice. In the meantime, if you are considering a surprise gift, here are some pointers:
• Does the recipient usually wear yellow or white gold jewellery?
• Does the recipient have pierced ears?
• When is the piece of jewellery likely to be worn, every day or just special occasions? Some stones, settings, designs etc are more suited to the knocks and bumps of everyday wear; other styles are exquisite for evening but might be too delicate for daily wear
• What jewellery does the recipient already wear? What colour stones are in her engagement ring? Can you imagine this piece fitting in with her other jewellery?
• What is the general style of the recipient? Strong and colourful? Understated and simple? Sporty? Bohemian? Classic?
• Remember that most women have larger finger sizes on the hand they write with, so usually a cocktail ring will need to be in a slightly bigger finger size than an engagement ring or wedding band
• Does the recipient have any metal allergies? Yellow gold or platinum are the least likely to irritate the skin.
• Are you wishing to buy something that is more than you should really spend? Consider making the gift a combined Birthday and Christmas present, or if you are buying for a friend or family member, why not club together with others so you can purchase the piece that will be really cherished? Better to spend a little more and get it right.
• If you are really not sure about what to give, then remember that there are some gifts that have universal appeal and are likely to delight, such as diamond earstuds, a diamond solitaire pendant, a simple gold bangle, a gemset eternity ring, to name but a few…. And by the way, most men like blue coloured cufflinks!
Finding the perfect piece of jewellery is our speciality.